Technical Designer (Asia fit) for lingerie and swimwear - China Market
- Company Industries：Human Resources Management/Consultancy
- Post Date：2013-11-20
- Career Level：Middle
- Location：Not Specified
- Yr(s) of Exp：3 years
- Salary：HK$25K - HK$40K
- Employment Type：Full Time, Permanent
- Job Function：Fashion Others
- Benefits：Double pay Five-day work week Medical insurance Performance bonus
Our client, a lingerie buying office, is looking for a Technical designer (Asia fit) for lingerie and swimwear, with Asia fit/fitting for China market experience is a MUST, also experience from working in a buying office and a design interest are key skills. We are looking for professional, more senior, talented, details as follows:
TECHNICAL DESIGNER – ASIAFIT
- To drive, develop and secure the strategy, short and long term in regards to Asia fit.
- To exceed the customer´s expectation in terms of fit and quality.
- Act as an informal leader, work proactively together with a purchase team to optimize method and achieve set goals.
- Responsible for the right fit / silhouette based on the design vision as well as the right technical dressmaking solutions from an Asia fit customer perspective.
- - Set, follow up and secure goals regarding fit, sizes and workmanship level based on concept vision.
- - Close cooperation with design, purchase team and supply chain to deliver results based on set strategy.
- - Develop and maintain technical specifications, packages and solutions.
- - Development and engineering of Asia fit and silhouetteà based on Europe fit and/or new fit/silhouette.
- - To secure the development of first prototype to production.
- - Responsible for all fit approvals and decisions in Hong Kong office.
- - Follow up on selling and customer feedback for all channels together with purchase team. Initiate actions to catch new sales opportunities.
- In charge to secure Asia fit measurements, grading specifications, measurement lists and patterns.
- Ensure that products are developed consistent with the established company fit and quality standards, within manufactories capabilities and cost specifications.
- Close co-operation internally and supply chain to secure quality level and understanding of Asia fit vision.
- Assess and appraise the sampling and production capability of vendors within the sample development process – identify opportunities and work pro-actively with areas of improvement.
- Arrange and execute fitting on live model weekly.
- Develop new methods and ideas that can help to drive the business forward in the technical area.
- Provide technical training internally and externally.
- Create guideline and quality documents to manage a first class collection in line with concept goals.
- Project management.
- Act as a positive, supportive partner, demonstrating company value.
- Business minded
- Goal/result oriented
- Strong technical and mould cup development skills
- Pro active
- Customer/commercial thinking- with ability to understand both China and Europe market
- Strong communication skills and ability to work within a team
- Strong follow up skill and able to handle multiple tasks with good time management
- Informal leadership and project management
- University graduate and/or diploma in clothing technology, or similar discipline.
- Extensive knowledge within the lingerie garment industry. Min. of 3 years solid working experience as a technical designer or similar
- Experience in applying grade rules to retain established fit, styling, function and sewing ability.
- Through understanding of product engineering and manufacturing process, pattern making and bra construction.
- Asia fit knowledge is required as well as the skill on how to re- engineer the product from Europe fit to Asia.
- Previous experience of project management
- Language skills: Cantonese/Mandarin and English
- Proficiency in MS office/Lectra or Gerber/PLM
- Travel is required mainly within China.
Our client is famous sports wear brand in Hong Kong. 5 days work. They are urgently looking for high caliber candidates to join: