Technical Designer (Asia fit) for lingerie and swimwear - China Market
- Company Industries：Others
- Post Date：2013-11-20
- Career Level：Middle
- Location：Not Specified
- Yr(s) of Exp：3 years
- Salary：HK$25K - HK$40K
- Employment Type：Full Time, Permanent
- Job Function：Fashion Others
- Benefits：Double pay Five-day work week Medical insurance Performance bonus
Our client, a lingerie buying office, is looking for a Technical designer (Asia fit) for lingerie and swimwear, with Asia fit/fitting for China market experience is a MUST, also experience from working in a buying office and a design interest are key skills. We are looking for professional, more senior, talented, details as follows:
TECHNICAL DESIGNER – ASIAFIT
- To drive, develop and secure the strategy, short and long term in regards to Asia fit.
- To exceed the customer´s expectation in terms of fit and quality.
- Act as an informal leader, work proactively together with a purchase team to optimize method and achieve set goals.
- Responsible for the right fit / silhouette based on the design vision as well as the right technical dressmaking solutions from an Asia fit customer perspective.
- - Set, follow up and secure goals regarding fit, sizes and workmanship level based on concept vision.
- - Close cooperation with design, purchase team and supply chain to deliver results based on set strategy.
- - Develop and maintain technical specifications, packages and solutions.
- - Development and engineering of Asia fit and silhouetteà based on Europe fit and/or new fit/silhouette.
- - To secure the development of first prototype to production.
- - Responsible for all fit approvals and decisions in Hong Kong office.
- - Follow up on selling and customer feedback for all channels together with purchase team. Initiate actions to catch new sales opportunities.
- In charge to secure Asia fit measurements, grading specifications, measurement lists and patterns.
- Ensure that products are developed consistent with the established company fit and quality standards, within manufactories capabilities and cost specifications.
- Close co-operation internally and supply chain to secure quality level and understanding of Asia fit vision.
- Assess and appraise the sampling and production capability of vendors within the sample development process – identify opportunities and work pro-actively with areas of improvement.
- Arrange and execute fitting on live model weekly.
- Develop new methods and ideas that can help to drive the business forward in the technical area.
- Provide technical training internally and externally.
- Create guideline and quality documents to manage a first class collection in line with concept goals.
- Project management.
- Act as a positive, supportive partner, demonstrating company value.
- Business minded
- Goal/result oriented
- Strong technical and mould cup development skills
- Pro active
- Customer/commercial thinking- with ability to understand both China and Europe market
- Strong communication skills and ability to work within a team
- Strong follow up skill and able to handle multiple tasks with good time management
- Informal leadership and project management
- University graduate and/or diploma in clothing technology, or similar discipline.
- Extensive knowledge within the lingerie garment industry. Min. of 3 years solid working experience as a technical designer or similar
- Experience in applying grade rules to retain established fit, styling, function and sewing ability.
- Through understanding of product engineering and manufacturing process, pattern making and bra construction.
- Asia fit knowledge is required as well as the skill on how to re- engineer the product from Europe fit to Asia.
- Previous experience of project management
- Language skills: Cantonese/Mandarin and English
- Proficiency in MS office/Lectra or Gerber/PLM
- Travel is required mainly within China.
Besteam Personnel Consultancy Limited was established in 1990 and is one of the leading staff recruitment services company in Hong Kong.
As the registered Employment Agency under the Employment Ordinance, our services includes all levels of employment on a permanent, contract and temporary basis.
The company specializes in areas such as Merchandising, Sales and Marketing, Retails, Engineering, Information Technology, Accounting and other general appointments.
Please send your CV with expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.